With Spring almost here, dive into this awesome easy stir fry recipe. There's fresh veggies, fresh beef, and you can make this with your eyes closed!
I don't know about you but during the weeks in the Spring, it's all about easy, healthy and quick dinners for us. Sports begin, cleaning inside and out projects start, and activities just really pick up. So, a hearty dish like this is perfect right about now.
I have mentioned before my obsession with poblano peppers, right? Well, they're in this dish too. Yes, I love poblano peppers and this easy stir fry recipe you will LOVE with them. Gluten-free at its best!
Poblanos spice up dishes in a mild, fresh way. Which I love. Basically, there's a kick to this gluten-free stir fry that tastes wonderful. And it's not too strong. It's just perfect.
I used these main ingredients for this easy stir fry recipe:
- steak strips (I used sirloin tip roast)
- poblano pepper
- red pepper
- broccoli florets
- gluten-free teriyaki marinade
Tip: Sirloin, particularly top sirloin, is a great cut for this dish. Just be sure to cut your strips thin enough.
The very best way to make easy stir fry is to use a Wok. A Wok cooks the ingredients thoroughly and quickly, because of its shape and depth.
I would love to hear how this dish turns out if you make it!
Gluten-Free Easy Stir Fry Recipe
- ½-3/4 pound top sirloin cut into thin, 2-3 inch long strips
- 1-2 large poblano peppers pitted, sliced length wise then halved
- 1 large red pepper pitted, slices length wise then halved
- 1 cup broccoli florets fresh or frozen
- ½ cup raw cashews salted, Navitas are gluten-free
- 2-3 tablespoons Gluten-Free teriyaki marinade or to desired taste, San-J is gluten-free
- 2-3 tablespoons Good olive oil California
- Kosher salt and ground peppercorn to taste
- On a stovetop, heat a Wok olive oil to medium high heat.
- Season steak strips with pinches of salt and pepper.
- When Wok is heated, place steak in wok and move around for one to 2 minutes, or until starting to sear.
- Remove steak and set aside.
- Place poblano and red peppers in wok and stir.
- Let cook for 5 minutes, then add broccoli.
- Mix and stir ingredients for another five minutes.
- Turn heat to medium and add back in steak.
- Add splashes of Gluten-Free teriyaki marinade, then mix well.
- Throw in halved cashews and stir.
- If cashews are salted, there is no need to add salt. If not, add salt and pepper to season.
- Stir for one more minute, or until pieces of meat and vegetables begin to char slightly.
- Turn off heat, then carefully plate stir fry and eat immediately.
- Stir with condiments if desired.
- NOTES: Stovetop temps may vary.
- Use a splatter screen on Wok to protect from oil popping.
- You can throw in day old rice at the end of cooking time and let cook for a minute or two.