This is seriously the easiest gluten free appetizer you will ever make. It's a gluten free bagel mini appetizer with goat cheese, sundried tomatoes and fresh basil. It's the best. Ever.
This bite sized appetizer is perfect for the holidays, parties, Valentine's Day, or pretty much any day of the year!
I use gluten free bagels for all sorts of appetizer recipes, like my Caprese Bruschetta that I serve at practically every gathering. They're just easy to use when it comes to serving Hors d'oeuvres that need to be gluten free for guests or myself. And they're just easy to work with when you're in a hurry and need to whip up something quick.
What you need for this healthy appetizer
- Gluten free bagels. If you're serving up these apps for two, I suggest one whole bagel. You'll split it down the middle, then in half to make four separate pieces. Two for each person! You'll be topping these with plenty of layers so they will fill you up. You can make your own homemade bagels or I use Canyon Bakehouse when I'm in a hurry. I LOVE their deli white bagels because they toast perfectly for these easy bites!
- Goat cheese. Vermont Creamery is Certified Gluten Free and very tasty with a decadent pungent flavor.
- Sundried tomatoes. You can make your own or I used Bella Sun Luci in this recipe. I used the sundried tomato halves with Italian herbs and they are perfect for this recipe. You'll need the oil too! So save that sundried tomato oil in the jar for this recipe. Oh, and these are labeled gluten free.
- Fresh basil. Chiffonade cut.
How to make gluten free bagel mini appetizers
- Slice then halve a bagel so that there are four separate pieces. Toast each piece until lightly golden browned, then spread goat cheese heavily on each slice.
- Drizzle sundried tomato olive oil over goat cheese on each piece liberally. The oil will be in the jar with the sundried tomatoes.
- Top with sundried tomatoes, then chiffonade basil. If sundried tomato halves are too rough, cut in half. Ones that are not tough, leave as they are.
A few tips for these easy appetizers
- Toasting is a must with these appetizers! Before toasting, you can actually brush the sundried tomato olive oil on the tops of the bagel pieces. Then just pop them in the oven for about three minutes at 400 degrees in the oven or until a slight golden brown. This will add to the overall flavor of each bite!
- These appetizers are so versatile! You can use cream cheese, fig jam, herbed goat cheese, drizzled balsamic, you name it! The possibilities are endless.
- Be generous when piling on the cheese and tomato. You want each bite to have a good helping and be sure to cut enough fresh basil for these. For more flavor, you can drizzle a small bit of real balsamic vinegar over the tops.
- Try to eat these after toasting and assembling. You can even keep them warm in the oven on a low temp like 200 or 250 degrees for about ten minutes. Just wait to put the basil on until AFTER you take them out of the oven.
These are the best apps ever! You can make these for your Valentine coming up for sure! And they are so so easy.
Tell me what you think by commenting below and be sure to share this recipe with family and friends! - Jen
Gluten Free Bagel Mini Appetizer
- 1 gluten free bagel cut into 4 pieces (I used Canyon House)
- 1 4 oz. log of goat cheese or more for spreading (I used Vermont Creamery)
- ½ jar sundried tomatoes with olive oil I used Sun Bella Luci with Italian Herbs
- 6 large fresh basil leaves chiffonade, for topping
- Toast gluten free bread pieces
- Once toasted, spread goat cheese generously on top of each bagel piece.
- Drizzle sundried tomato olive oil from the jar, or brush the oil onto the goat cheese of each bagel piece.
- Top each piece with sundried tomatoes, then chiffonade fresh basil.
- Plate and serve immediately.