A favorite here on the blog, these gluten-free Halloween marshmallow eyeballs will be a hit for your spooky table!
I had an idea of just making some simple eyeballs, without the hassle.
You simply temper some white chocolate. Then you dip one end of a marshmallow into the white chocolate and turn it over to dry in minutes. That's it!
I had white chocolate morsels in the cupboard (if you haven't followed me yet, you'll soon learn I call it a cupboard and always have....no idea why).
We had a bunch of good-sized marshmallows and red sprinkles that I keep for the kids. The one thing I didn't have?
Sticks. Nothing that I could use to make little cake pops with, or marshmallow pops.
There are some fantastic Halloween treats out there that have marshmallows as a base for treat pops.
For instance, these too cute Frankenstein Marshmallow Pops made by the ever popular food blog, Just A Taste. They are amazing. And so adorable. I found many more wonderful creations online as well.
I figured, why not just make eyeballs that you could pop in your mouth instead? No hassle, no fuss? These eyeballs were then born.
They are fun, really good, and so easy to make. Literally, the best treat for any Halloween party that you can whip up in minutes.
Pop on some dark chocolate chips for eyes and some red sprinkles before hardening. You've got yourself some eyeballs. Rich, decadent gluten-free marshmallow Halloween eyeballs. Yes!
I used a Pottery Barn Suppertime platter chip and dip set that was given to us when we were married. It is too awesome. They don't make it any longer.
But any round platter can be surrounded with Halloween decor for a visual masterpiece. Try it for your party!
I hope you enjoy these Halloween Marshmallow Eyeballs. We love them!
With Halloween approaching, these are perfect to serve!
Gluten-Free Halloween Marshmallow Eyeballs
- 18 medium sized marshmallows DANDIES are gluten-free
- 1 cup white chocolate morsels NESTLE TOLLHOUSE are gluten-free
- red sprinkles TRUE COLOR makes gluten-free sanding sugar
- Large dark chocolate morsels use ENJOY LIFE or GUITTARD(website states gf)
- In a microwave safe bowl, temper morsels: Microwave for 30 seconds, then stir. Microwave another 30 seconds, then stir. Microwave a third time, stir, then let chunks melt with heat.
- Dip one end of a marshmallow into melted white chocolate. Carefully turn marshmallow over onto counter, and let sit. While chocolate is wet, place and press one chocolate morsel atop marshmallow. Dash red sprinkles onto wet chocolate. Working quickly, repeat with each marshmallow until finished.
- Reheat chocolate as needed.
Want more Halloween treat recipes that are gluten-free?? Try out these monster cookies!!