A gluten-free hot chocolate with Irish Cream liqueur on a cold winter's night!
Merry Christmas everyone! This is a favorite post that I'm bringing back today on Christmas!
You know those warm holiday cocktails, that just scream goodness on a warm cozy night? Yeah, this is one of those cocktails.
WHAT IS IRISH CREAM LIQUEUR?
Irish cream liqueur is based on combining a cream with Irish whiskey. It's a distilled liqueur. So, during its fermentation process, there are liquids removed. This leads to a stronger alcohol content, which is why it's known as 'hard liquor.'
IS THERE GLUTEN IN IRISH CREAM LIQUEUR?
Now, whiskey is essentially made from grain. So, gluten is present. However, when whiskey goes through the distilling process, all gluten is basically destroyed. In this case, whiskey is distilled three times.
So, that's alot of gluten destroying!
Not all Irish cream is considered gluten-free, however, when purchasing. Your safest bet is to go with Carolans Irish Cream. It is gluten-free and quite tasty, in fact. There are other popular brands out there, but some have been cross contaminated through the manufacturing process.
HOW TO MAKE HOT CHOCOLATE WITH IRISH CREAM LIQUEUR?
All you need is some Irish cream, gluten-free hot chocolate, whipped cream and cinnamon. And it's all soooo easy.
You can get away with making the most plain hot chocolate here, because the liqueur will add alot of flavor. Now, it's best to really make your own gluten-free hot cocoa. This is because many companies don't label hot chocolates gluten-free.
You can make this all more simple than ever by whipping up your own mix and storing it! Powdered sugar, plus powdered milk, and add your cocoa. An easy dry mix to store so you can quickly make up an Irish Cream gluten-free hot chocolate whenever your little heart desires.
Enjoy this festive drink on this very festive holiday! It's just wonderful and perfect during the holidays. I know we will be having one tonight with a movie and warm cozy blankets! Have a very Merry Christmas!
Gluten-Free Hot Chocolate With Irish Cream Liqueur
- 1 tablespoons CAROLANS Irish Cream Carolans is gluten-free
- 1 cup gluten-free hot chocolate see recipe below or use Keto Cocoa
- whipped cream (for topping) see recipe below
- ground cinnamon for topping
- cinnamon stick for garnish and stirring
- In a coffee mug, add Irish Cream.
- Then add readily made hot chocolate to mug.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkle on cinnamon. Add a cinnamon stick to mug.Drink and wrap presents.
- **TO MAKE HOMEMADE HOT CHOCOLATE:Use one cup of milk, two tablespoons of cocoa powder, one tablespoon of sugar, and a pinch of Kosher salt.Melt all ingredients in pan over stove at medium low heat. After 3 or 4 minutes, ingredients should be dissolved.**TO MAKE HOMEMADE WHIPPED CREAM:One cup of heavy whipping cream and one tablespoon of sugar.Freeze an empty mixing bowl for 10-15 minutes. Take out of freezer and attach bowl to mixer. Add COLD whipping cream and sugar to bowl. Beat until soft peaks form, about five minutes. (Be mindful not to overbeat.)
Want something AMAZING to snack on with this gluten-free hot chocolate with Irish cream liqueur? Try my holiday gluten-free pumpkin bread with chocolate chunks!