THIS is your salad. A Gluten Free Strawberry Summer Salad that's got hearty romaine mixed with white, creamy goat cheese and topped with a homemade strawberry dressing. Not to mention dried cranberries. Perfect for summer!
Salads are perfect summer meals, no doubt. They're fun, you can make them in a matter of seconds, and they're healthy. You can literally toss all the ingredients you want into a bowl without cutting or anything.
What's amazing is that salads are so easy to make, yet can look so classy and sophisticated! A summer salad like this one can set a table in a gorgeous manner, without ever having to work too hard to make it!
This goat cheese salad with strawberry dressing is made with one of my favorite ingredients. Goat cheese. I would love some goats to run around in my back yard so I could make fresh cheese. Really. That's how much I love it. Not sure if the culdasac where I live would be too keen on that, however?
I follow HalfBakedHarvest and LOVE Tieghan's goat cheese passion. Not to mention her gorgeous blog, too.
This salad would also pair perfectly with blue cheese if you aren't a goat cheese fan. Blue cheese isn't really an option when it comes to some brands if you are Celiac. Blue cheese does contain gluten but there are certain brands that process the blue cheese so that gluten is not present. Amablu is one of those brands and you can find it at Target.
You will love this salad. It's very easy to make and will surely fill you up, especially once you plop on all that goat cheese. You won't need to add sugar or honey to this unless you prefer.
Tips For Making This Goat Cheese Strawberry Salad:
- If you want more sweetness and less vinegar, I suggest adding dried cranberries to this salad. They are very sweet, will add texture and will give you an even healthier bite!
- For this strawberry dressing, just put in some apple cider vinegar for that tang. Apple cider vinegar balances out the flavors in this salad without creating too much bitterness.
- Hands down the safest goat cheese to use for this salad is Vermont Creamery. Not only is it certified gluten free, but it also tastes incredible. It's smooth, thick and almost buttery. It's perfect.
For this salad recipe, you can purchase most of the ingredients at your local grocery store or farmer's market. Which makes this recipe very easy to pull together for guests or a small gathering!
Enjoy your weekend! Make this gluten free goat cheese strawberry summer salad and let me know if you do by commenting in the post! I always love hearing from you!
Gluten Free Goat Cheese Salad with Strawberry Dressing
- 5 Strawberries - tops cut off medium sized, halved
- 1 tbsp Olive oil California
- 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- Kosher salt and ground pepper pinch of each
- 3-4 cups Romaine lettuce packed
- 2 Radicchio leaves sliced
- 16 Baby tomatoes aka cherry, small sized
- ½ cup Fresh goat cheese crumbled in chunks
- 3 tbsp Dried cranberries
- 4 tbsp Fresh walnuts
- In a food processor, add strawberries, olive oil, vinegar, salt & pepper.Process until a puree has formed, then set aside.
- Add romaine and radicchio to a large bowl.
- Pour dressing, tomatoes, a pinch of kosher & pepper into bowl.
- Toss ingredients in bowl carefully, until mixed thoroughly.
- Divide and transfer mixture to two serving plates.
- Divide goat cheese, cranberries and walnuts and transfer to both plates.
- Serve as entree.