A gluten-free mushroom pasta recipe that's so good and so simple, you'll want to make it every week! This really is the best. And the gluten-free pasta is infused with garlic!
I'll show you how to do it.
Lots of mushroom pasta dishes have garlic in them but usually, the garlic is chopped up and cooked with the mushrooms. In this recipe,you'll smash your garlic cloves and put them directly into your pasta water!
Why Does This Method Taste Better?
- The garlic flavor gets infused into the gluten-free pasta, adding much needed flavor.
- The garlic boils, then can easily be smashed into the mushroom skillet if desired.
There are so few ingredients needed for this savory dish. 5 to be exact:
- gluten-free pasta
- olive oil
So easy and honestly, most of these ingredients are lying in your cupboard already.
How To Make Gluten-Free Mushroom Pasta - Step By Step:
- Cook gluten-free pasta according to instructions on box, MINUS one minute.
- Add garlic cloves to boiling water with pasta.
- While pasta cooks, sautee mushrooms on a skillet on medium heat for 5 minutes with olive oil.
- Flip mushrooms and cook on low for another 15 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter and garlic cloves (from water) to mushrooms the last five minutes.
- Drain spaghetti, take skillet off heat, and add noodles to skillet.
- Combine all ingredients along with tablespoons of pasta water to mix.
A Few Tips:
- When adding softened garlic to mushrooms, smush them down and stir into the mushrooms.
- Make sure your pot is BIG and there is ALOT of water in it! This is needed when making gluten-free pasta because it can be more sticky and mushy than regular pasta without enough room.
- Add ALOT of kosher salt once water boils. Gluten-free pasta has very little flavor, even more so than regular pasta.
This is seriously the best mushroom pasta recipe with garlic. And it's gluten-free! You just can't beat it!
If you make this dish or any others here on the blog, be sure to rate the recipes and comment below!
Mushroom Pasta Recipe With Garlic (Gluten-Free)
- 12 ounces gluten-free spaghetti Barilla has a gluten-free pasta
- 3-4 large garlic cloves peeled, smashed
- kosher salt and ground black peppercorn for pasta water and to taste
- good olive oil California
- 8 ounces whole baby bella mushrooms cleaned, sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons butter
- fresh basil leaves chiffonade
- ground Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Bring a large skillet with sliced mushrooms and 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil, to medium heat.
- Stir occasionally for about 20 minutes. The last five minutes, add butter to skillet.
- The mushrooms are done when they are a shiny dark brown, have shrunk somewhat, and the gills are blackened.
- Take skillet off heat when mushrooms are finished.
- WHILE MUSHROOMS COOK:
- Fill a large pot over the stovetop with water, add a splash of olive oil and smashed garlic cloves, then bring water to a boil.
- Add kosher salt generously to pot when water begins boiling.
- Once water is boiling, add gluten-free pasta and cook according to directions, minus one minute.
- When pasta is cooked, remove with tongs and place pasta into mushroom skillet.
- Remove some of the floating garlic from pasta water and smush into skillet with mushrooms.
- Stir all ingredients gently while adding a bit of pasta water and another tablespoon of olive oil to ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper, then plate mushroom pasta while hot.
- Chiffonade fresh basil to top the pasta, along with plenty of freshly ground Parmigiano-Reggiano.