What makes this gluten free peanut butter berry sandwich so perfect is the fresh marshmallow blueberry fluff that's incorporated into the recipe.
A peanut butter sandwich recipe with blueberries and butter and marshmallows, that essentially turns into fluff!?
This is the BEST sandwich. It is so good and gooey, oh my goodness. I don't even think I can compare it to a PB & J, because it's BETTER!
You only need 4 ingredients for peanut butter sandwich:
- peanut butter
You know how peanut butter can be paired with so many delicious jams and jellies, right? Now, there are really popular sandwiches where you spread peanut butter and cut up fresh fruit to make a sandwich.
Which I love! But I wanted something that would be smooth, yet fluffy also.
When it comes to this sandwich, a natural peanut butter is best for this recipe.
That's because natural peanut butter is not so sweet, and the oils really help accent this sandwich. Plus,there is quite alot of sweetness coming from the blueberries and marshmallows! So, a bit of contrast is always good.
You can make your own, of course! But if you're looking to purchase a brand in the store, Justin's is a certified gluten-free peanut butter.
Here is what I love about this recipe: the blueberry sauce looks so complex and beautiful and it literally can be whipped up in the microwave in less than a minute! The blueberries bleed their juice once they get hot.
And it's so cool to mix them with the melted marshmallows. It looks like a river of gooey goodness that smells amazing.
This sandwich is gluten-free. The ingredients are all gluten-free, and the bread used is gluten-free. You just can't beat the ease of making something so quick, knowing that it's gluten-free! Gooey heaven indeed.
- I wouldn't try making this sandwich with other fruit, such as strawberries or raspberries. So, strawberries have a harder texture to them, first of all. And you'll want soft here.
Also, raspberries and strawberries are more tart. They have a higher acidic degree, so melting them with the marshmallows and pairing with peanut butter won't complete the taste.
The blueberries complete the taste. Blueberries are not too sweet, yet not too tart. There's a rich, thickness to them as well. They're just about right for this combination of flavors.
So, adding sweetness and some fat to mix evenly creates a fantastic taste. Then you pair this with the creamy, oily flavor of the peanut butter and it's a match made in heaven.
Let me know what you think of this peanut butter sandwich recipe! Blueberries, marshmallows, butter, peanut butter?! What's not to love!
I have a feeling you will be pleasantly satisfied! Napkins and all! And be sure to make this for the kiddos! They will go nuts over it!
Peanut Butter Sandwich Recipe With Blueberry Fluff
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- ½-3/4 cup marshmallows Campfire & Dandies are labeled gluten-free
- 1 tablespoon butter Kroger brand is labeled gluten-free
- 2 slices gluten-free bread Udi’s, Kroger, Schar, Rudi’s are all gluten-free
- peanut butter natural or store bought - Justin’s is certified gluten-free
- In a bowl, microwave blueberries, marshmallows, and butter for about 45 seconds to 1 minute.
- Stir ingredients until small pieces of blueberries remain.
- Let bowl sit out to cool, or you can place it in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
- Spread the blueberry jam on one piece of bread generously.
- Spread peanut butter on the other piece of bread generously.
- Sandwich both pieces together so ingredients are on the inside.
- Slice in half or quarters.
- Serves one whole sandwich generously.
- Lick your fingers when you're done.
- NOTE: To make this also dairy-free, you can substitute the butter with something like Earth Balance spread. Most marshmallows are dairy free, so check just labels in case.