These Valentine's Day chocolates are perfect! Dark, rich decadent chocolate coating any type of nut you'd like. And these are made in your own home.
Please be my Valentine, you gorgeousness.
DON'T go out and buy chocolates this year and spend gobs of money. These taste better, and cost a whole lot less!These Valentine's Day chocolates use only 4 ingredients:
- dark chocolate
- bittersweet chocolate
- walnuts (or any nut)
- koshers salt
The combination of dark and bittersweet chocolate makes for a decadent and unique flavor!
Here's the best part about these gluten-free Valentine's Day chocolates - you don't need a pot to temper your chocolate. You JUST need a microwave!
How To Temper Chocolate In The Microwave:
Set aside a few pieces of chocolate, then microwave the rest in 30 second increments in a microwave safe glass bowl.
You'll stir after each 30 seconds.
When only small little bumps are present, add the chocolate you set aside into the glass bowl.
Then stir until it's all melted!
How To Make Valentine's Day Chocolates - Step By Step:
Temper chocolate in microwave per instructions above.
Dip walnut pieces (or other nut) into melted chocolate and move around with a fork to coat.
Place chocolates onto parchment paper so they aren't touching.
Sprinkle kosher salt on top while chocolates are still wet.
Valentine's Day Chocolates (Homemade, Easy, & Gluten-Free)
- 1 cup dark chocolate Enjoy Life is gluten-free
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate Scharffen Berger is gluten-free
- whole walnuts for gluten free, use fresh whole walnuts, or look for 'made in facility with other nuts' on labels.
- kosher salt
- Combine chocolates into glass, microwavable safe bowl.
- Microwave for 25 seconds, then stir chocolate with spatula.
- Repeat this 2 more times.
- If very lumpy, you may microwave for 25 more seconds, being mindful not to overheat.
- If a little lumpy, just stir and the heat will melt remaining lumps.
- Working quickly, dip whole walnuts into chocolate.
- Note: Drop walnuts into chocolate, few at a time, then toss with spatula and fork.
- Place coated walnuts on large square of parchment paper.
- Be sure to place walnuts so the flattest part is facing down.
- Be sure to spread walnuts out evenly so they do not touch each other.
- Lastly, sprinkle chocolate covered walnuts with kosher salt before hardening.
- Wait 30 minutes to devour.